Before you come – Arrange for transportation. You will be responsible for arranging for your own transportation on the island. The cabin is not a short walk away from the ferry! We will provide you with several sources.
• Bring $5 cash per person for ferry fee.
• With your reservation, please list all names of those in your party so we can have their names on the ferry list.
• Bring food, drinks and any other comfort items such as sunscreen and bug spray you may need. There is a very small convenience store on the island if you need provisions; hours are limited. Note: we have a vintage fridge with limited space and only a tiny freezer. We have a small ice-maker. There is no water dispenser; all water is from the tap fed by the community well and its good water.
• There is no dishwasher in the cabin. Plates, bowls and utensils and pots and pans are provided. You may want to bring disposable plates and cups if you do not want to do dishes!
We can provide you with information to have meals prepared for and brought to you if you arrange far in advance.
• You must arrive and leave according to the ferry schedule. Below is the link to the Ferry schedule. Please plan to arrive at the ferry 30 minutes prior to departure, with plenty of time to drive down to the dock, unload/load your items, find parking, then walk to the ferry. You must check in with the ferry mate at least 15 minutes before departure. The ferry does not wait! Only limited items are available to take on the ferry (no bicycles, beach chairs, large items. Suitcases, coolers are permitted.
• Round trip ferry fee is $5 per person (cash or check only)
• If time permits you may want to stop in at the Visitor’s Center. Bathrooms are available here or closer to the dock. The Visitor’s Center has local history displays, maps and souvenirs.